5 Ways Drinking More Water Contributes to Better Wellness and Health

Are you drinking enough water every day? The optimal volumes for a sedentary human range between 91 to 125 ounces.

Thankfully, around 20 percent of our water needs come from our food. But ensuring you get the remaining 80 percent can be a challenge for some people. And drinking enough water is essential to guaranteeing wellness and health.

Read on to find out why you need to get serious about gulping those glasses daily.

1. Keeps You Regular

Do you suffer from chronic constipation? While this troubling condition has a wide range of causes, it could be that you’re simply not consuming enough water.

In fact, increasingly, the amount of water you drink is commonly recommended by doctors as an integral part of a constipation treatment plan. This is because adequate hydration softens your stools, making it easier for your colon to pass them.

2. Prevents Hangovers

There’s nothing wrong with enjoying a tipple after work or on the weekends, so long as you stick to just a few glasses. However, drinking water for health while drinking alcohol for fun will help you keep that dreaded hangover at bay.

Alcohol is a diuretic, which encourages your body to remove water by peeing it out. If you don’t replace that water—for example, if you keep drinking glasses of alcohol instead of glasses of water—you’ll end up dehydrated. And it’s that dehydration that leads to common hangover symptoms like nausea, headache, and tiredness.

3. Reduces Headaches

Do you suffer from regular migraines or headaches? They might be caused by dehydration. Before turning to medication, try upping your water intake and see if it makes a difference.

And it doesn’t matter if your glass is full of purified water or tap water. So long as the water is clean, it’s good for your brain.

4. Aids Kidney Function

One of the best health benefits of water is that it helps your kidneys work better. Water helps to “flush out” your urinary system. And this means you’ll be less likely to suffer from painful kidney stones or, worse, life-threatening kidney disease.

5. Helps You Lose Weight

Drinking water can help you lose weight in several ways.

For one, studies have shown that people who drink less water consume more sugary foods and beverages and move less. So grabbing that cup of water instead of a can of soda can help you drop unneeded calories.

If you’re drinking a lot of water and worried about the quality of your tap water, look into home water filters. This article compares electric and non-electric options.

Drink Water for Ultimate Wellness and Health

When it comes to wellness and health, upping your intake of that water can make all the difference. Your hair will look shinier, your skin clearer and your brain will function optimally. 

And while all water is good water (so long as it comes from a safe, clean source), filtering your water ensures you make the most of this essential human resource.

For more helpful human health advice, browse the other articles on our blog.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Discover

Sponsor

spot_imgspot_img

Latest

Using CBD for Depression and Anxiety: A Complete Guide

A recent study revealed that over one-third of American's are showing signs of clinical depression and/or anxiety. Someone in your close family or circle of...

REVIEWS OF MOVIES ON ORCA.COM – What does MOVIEORCA.com entail?

Movieorca.com is a centralized website that gathers, curates, and distributes movie reviews, news, and blogs. You've arrived to the perfect location if you're seeking...

The Victoria’s Secret 2016 Show Was Straight Out Of ‘Game of Thrones’

On her way she met a copy. The copy warned the Little Blind Text, that where it came from it would have been rewritten...

If You Are Seeking Wpc16 Dashboard Login, Good Day.

WPC16 Register with Your Account. Password forgotten? Do not yet have an account? Message Us. You Accept The Terms And Conditions And The Privacy Policy...

Dental Care For Children: How to Look After Your Kid’s Teeth

Did you know that 1 out of 4 people has had cavities at some point in their lives? Many people get their first cavities...